AASC accepts clients on a rolling basis year round based on openings. [Specific calendar for closings will be issued during Enrollment ONLY]. We do not exclude clients based on sex, race, religion or national origin. Our therapy hours are 8:30a – 3:30p Monday through Friday. Clients may be enrolled on a full time or part time basis depending on individual needs determined by the Board Certified Behavior Analyst during assessment.
AASC provides In-Network coverage with the following companies ONLY if your policy has coverage for Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC (BCBS)
- Private Pay (Starting at $6,000/month. Price will be determined following assessment)
We are working diligently with additional insurance companies to gain provider status and network coverage in the near future. This will allow us to continue treating children who are impacted by developmental disorders, while making it more affordable for parents.
ABA ENROLLMENT STEPS:
If interested in ABA Services, clients are required to have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or other Developmental Disorder by a licensed Psychologist. AASC does provide diagnostic services (Neurodevelopment Clinic) separate from our ABA program and can help refer you to other providers.
Below are the steps of our enrollment process for ABA Services. [Process may vary per Insurance)
- Please view our ABA Services page for a description of ABA and benefits of our ABA program including Frequently Asked Questions.
- Interest Form: Please complete entire ABA Interest Form via the link (includes insurance verification) in order to begin the process for ABA services: https://www.cognitoforms.com/AutismAcademyOfSC1/ABAINTERESTFORM
- AASC Tour/Info Session: Upon receiving your ABA Interest Form and Insurance Verification, a member of our team will contact you in order to set up a time to tour our facility and meet with our team to determine if AASC is the right fit for you.
- Parent Interview: AASC staff (BCBA) will schedule a one-hour interview to discuss your child’s medical history, skill development, behavior issues, and goals prior to the Behavior Assessment. Prior to the interview, our staff will provide you with additional surveys/assessments to complete if necessary.
- Behavioral Assessment/Enrollment Paperwork: Our Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will conduct a 4–6 hour assessment of your child using the Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP) and other behavior assessment tools. Insurance will cover a portion of the assessment fee; the remainder will be due upon day of assessment. [Private pay clients will be charged an assessment fee.] During your child’s assessment, a parent/guardian will meet with the Director of Operations to complete enrollment paperwork & review Enrollment packet including all policies for parents/child.
- Individualized Treatment Plan: Based on the assessment, our BCBA will create an individualized treatment plan based on your child’s needs. All treatment plans are authorized by your insurance prior to treatment.
- Feedback: Parents will meet with the BCBA to review the treatment plan. *Official start dates and schedule will be determined at this meeting.
AASC is dedicated to making your admissions process as smooth as possible. We have a dedicated team who will help guide you through each step. Please contact us at (803) 929-0011 if you have any questions regarding the process of enrollment.