AASC accepts clients on a rolling basis year round. We do not exclude clients based on sex, race, religion or national origin. Our therapy hours are 8:30a – 3:30p Monday through Friday. Clients may be enrolled on a full time or part time basis depending on individual needs and funding sources.
AASC provides In-Network coverage with the following companies if your policy has coverage for Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC (BCBS)
We are working diligently with additional insurance companies to gain provider status and network coverage in the near future. This will allow us to continue treating children who are impacted by developmental disorders, while making it more affordable for parents.
Prior to enrollment, clients are required to have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or other Developmental Disorder by a licensed Psychologist. AASC does not provide diagnostic services but can help refer you to other providers. Below are the steps to our enrollment process.
- Insurance Verification: In order for AASC to verify your insurance coverage for ABA Therapy, please complete the HIPAA Notification and Insurance Verification Forms available on our website. Upon confirmation, our staff will contact you to discuss your benefit options. Private pay clients will skip this step of the process.
- Application: To initiate the enrollment process, parents will complete the AASC Application and submit payment of the $150 enrollment fee. If space is full, your child will be placed on a waiting list and the enrollment process will be paused until space becomes available.
- Insurance Authorization: All services paid for via insurance require pre-authorization. This process varies by insurance company but our staff will help walk you through the process.
- Parent Interview: AASC staff with schedule a one hour interview to discuss your child’s medical history, skill development, behavior issues, and goals. Prior to the interview, our staff will email you a behavior survey to complete and request copies of medical records and IEP plans.
- Behavioral Assessment: Our Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will conduct a 4–6 hour assessment of your child using the Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP) and other behavior assessment tools. Insurance will cover a portion of the assessment fee. Private pay clients will be charged an assessment fee.
- Individualized Treatment Plan: Based on the assessment, our BCBA will create an individualized treatment plan based on your child’s needs. All treatment plans are authorized by your insurance prior to treatment.
- Enrollment: Parents/guardians will meet with our Business Manager to complete all enrollment paperwork. During the enrollment, staff will review all of our policies and procedures. Parents will also meet with the BCBA to review the treatment plan. Official start dates and scheduling will be determined at this meeting.
AASC is dedicated to making your admissions process as smooth as possible. We have a Business Manager who will help guide you through each step. Please contact us at (803) 929-0011 or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.