ABOUT CAMP M.A.T.E.S.:
Camp M.A.T.E.S. is a social skills, physical activity/yoga, nutrition, music, and life skills theory-driven summer day camp for children and teens ages 4-21. Camp M.A.T.E.S. has a multi-modal, inclusive program for both typically developing children and children with social skills deficits, including but not limited to Asperger’s, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, social anxiety, and learning disabilities.
Camp M.A.T.E.S. strives to accommodate all children, but it does not currently have the resources to provide toileting assistance; communication assistance for nonverbal students; or one-on-one services for self-injurious behaviors, aggressive behaviors, or sexual behaviors.
New campers are required to attend at pre-screening interview to determine if Camp M.A.T.E.S. has the resources to meet their needs. If Camp M.A.T.E.S. staff determine we do not have the necessary resources, we are happy to provide referrals to other services in the area.
Camp is held Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30am – 3:00pm. 2018 session dates include:
- Session 1: June 12th & 14th
- Session 2: June 19th & 21st
- Session 3: June 26th & 28th
- Session 4: July 10th & 12th
- Session 5: July 17th & 19th
- Session 6: July 24th & 26th
- Session 7: July 31st & Aug 2nd
- Session 8: August 7th & 9th
LOCATION: Forest Lake Presbyterian, located at 6500 N Trenholm Rd, Columbia, SC 29206
PROGRAM FEES: Fees for camp are $120 per week. Campers are required to register for a minimum of two weeks. All applications including a non-refundable deposit of $120 are due by May 7th, and deposits apply toward your balance. We also offer several discounts for 2018 Camp M.A.T.E.S. attendees:
- Early Bird Discount: If you turn in the application and pay the camp deposit before April 16th, 2018, you will receive a 15% discount per session.
- Sibling Discount: If you have two or more children attending Camp M.A.T.E.S., you receive a 15% discount per session (includes early bird discount).
- All 8 Weeks Discount: If you attend all 8 weeks of camp, you get $50 off your last week.
- Referral Program: If you refer a new camper and they enroll in camp, you will receive $50 off one week of camp. Limited to one referral per family.
- Scholarships: We are fortunate to have many donors and organizations that provide scholarships and grants for families who require assistance in funding their child’s Camp attendance. Families affiliated with Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (DDSN) through various agencies (Autism Society, Bright Start, ARC), please reach out to your case managers to ask about family support funds for summer opportunities. While we offer specials, discounts and internal scholarships, resources are limited, and you should not rely on us as your primary funding to attend Camp. To apply please complete the additional the Scholarship Form below.
- Application: Submit the online camp application and optional scholarship form. Application deadline is May 7th.
- Pre-Screening: Upon receipt of application, all new campers are scheduled for a pre-screening interview to determine if we have the resources to meet their needs.
- Deposit: Within 10 business days of submission of your application, you will receive information concerning registration and payment plans. A $120 non-refundable deposit and registration fee is required to reserve your child’s place at Camp. This deposit will apply towards your tuition balance. No refunds will be provided due to expulsion from camp, voluntary withdrawal from camp, or health or medical withdrawals. We are also unable to issue a credit for any future camp sessions. This policy allows us to better plan for staffing and program supplies needed to provide quality service to all campers. Deposits can be paid when completing your online application or mailed to Camp M.A.T.E.S., PO BOX 7514, Columbia, SC 29202.
- Orientation: All new parents and children are required to attend an orientation which will take place at Forest Lake Presbyterian Church. Even though it is not required of returning campers, orientation is encouraged. Several dates and times will be offered as well as complimentary child care. Further details will be announced in May.
- Final Payment: Fee Agreements will be emailed by May 23rd. The balance of camp tuition is due by June 4th, 2018. All camp fees are non-refundable. Failure to submit final payment forfeits your camp reservation. Please make checks payable to the “Autism Academy of South Carolina” and mailed to: Autism Academy of South Carolina, PO Box 7514, Columbia, SC 29202.
Space for Summer 2018 is limited. Apply online today!
For additional information, contact Frances at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-929-0011