REGISTRATION OPEN FOR 2017
The Autism Academy of South Carolina is excited to announce registration is now open for Camp M.A.T.E.S. for Summer 2017. Camp M.A.T.E.S. a social skills, physical activity/yoga, nutrition, music, and reading/life skills theory-driven summer camp for children and teens ages 4-21. This is a multi-modal inclusive program for both typically developing children and children with social skills deficits, including but not limited to Asperger’s, autism, ADHD, social anxiety, and learning disabilities.
Camp M.A.T.E.S. strives to accommodate all children, but we do not currently have the resources to provide toileting assistance, communication assistance for nonverbal students, or one-on-one services for self-injurious behaviors, aggressive behaviors, or sexual behaviors.
All new campers are required to attend at pre-screening interview to determine if we have the resources to meet their needs. If we determine we do not have the necessary resources, we are happy to provide referrals to other services in the area.
SESSION DATES: Camp is held Wednesdays and Fridays 8:30am – 3:00pm. Session Dates include:
- Session 1: June 14th & 16th
- Session 2: June 21st & 23rd
- Session 3: June 28th & 30th
- Session 4: July 12th & 14th
- Session 5: July 19th & 21st
- Session 6: July 26th & 28th
- Session 7: August 2nd & 4th
- Session 8: August 9th & 11th
LOCATION: Glenforest School located at 1041 Harbor Dr., West Columbia, SC 29206
FEES: Fees for camp are $115 per week for 2 sessions. Campers are required to register for a minimum of two weeks. All applications including a non-refundable deposit of $115 are due by May 1st, and deposits go toward your first week’s registration. Full payment of tuition is due by June 5th.
We also offer several discounts for Camp M.A.T.E.S. attendees
- Early Bird Discount: If you turn in the camp application and pay the camp deposit before April 17th, 2017 you will be able to reserve a $100 per week rate versus $115.
- Sibling Discount: If you have two or more children attending Camp M.A.T.E.S., you will only have to pay $100 per child per week.
- All 8 Weeks Discount: If you attend all 8 weeks of camp, you get $50 off of your last week.
- Referral Program: If you refer a new camper and they enroll in camp, you will receive $50 off one week of camp. Limited to two referrals per family.
There are many organizations that provide scholarship and grants for families who require assistance in funding their child’s camp attendance. Families affiliated with Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (DDSN) through various agencies (Autism Society, Bright Start, ARC), please reach out to your case managers to ask about family support funds for summer opportunities.
While we offer specials, discounts and internal scholarships, Camp resources are limited and you should not rely on us as your primary funding to attend camp. To apply for a Camp M.A.T.E.S. scholarship, please complete the additional “Scholarship Form”.
- Application: Submit the camp application and optional scholarship forms below.
- Pre-Screening: Upon receipt of application, all new campers are scheduled for a pre-screening interview to determine if we have the resources to meet their needs.
- Registration: Upon notification of acceptance, please submit the $115 deposit to secure your spot. Click here to make an online payment or mail payments to the address below.
- Orientation: Parent Orientation will be held in May. Parents of all new campers are required to attend orientation.
- Payment: Full payment is due by June 5, 2017. Payments can be mailed to the address below or submitted online via PayPal.
Please make checks payable to the “Autism Academy of South Carolina” and mail them to:
Autism Academy of South Carolina
PO Box 7514
Columbia, SC 29202
For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-929-0011
Space is limited, so please fill out an application today!
Pay online with PayPal: